Okay, I know this blog post might be a little unpopular and turn people off but this needs to be said. People with ADD / ADHD need to learn how to send email. Remember the point of sending an email to so that the person on the other end can read it and understand it.
- Keep your subject line short and descriptive. Don't make your subject any longer than 5 words. Aim for 3 words in the subject of your email.
- Don't use colors or crazy fonts! The only person who cares what your email looks like is YOU! When you use lots of color and different fonts your email is more prone to get picked up as SPAM!!
- Keep the body of the email short and to the point. People on the other end are not looking to read a book. Say what you need to say in as little writing as possible.
- Start a new email instead of replying to an email that has nothing to do with what you are writing about. People have a lot of email to read. Don't confuse them by just replying to an old email.
- Please, Thank you, and have a nice day! I have to admit I don't use these enough in my email but most people like to see them in emails!